Popular Posts

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Oranges and Lemons (and Grapefruits)

For those observant readers you may have noticed that I now have a "Follow by email" gadget and have taken off the "Followers" gadget.  When I put the "Follow by email" gadget on I could no longer see your lovely faces, so I decided to remove the "Followers" element altogether from the blogsite.  I did not mean any disrespect to any of you!   The "Follow by email" link appears to be working properly if you would like to use this to get an email alert when I publish a new post (I tested it using my email address and I got an email alert about 20 hrs after I published my post).

I thought I would write this week about some of my favourite citrus recipes as we (in Australia) are in the middle of winter and citrus is abundant.  I am sure that those of you in the Northern Hemisphere would also have some sort of access to citrus fruit however if you like to eat seasonally you will have to hold onto these recipes until winter.

I have never been a fan of grapefruit, but now that we have our own grapefruit tree which is burdened by a very large number of fruits I have decided that I am going to learn to like them.  My friend "google" advised me that it is actually the pith of the grapefruit that is the bitter part, so in order to avoid this you need to remove all of the pith and eat just the segments.

I have included recipes for oranges, lemons and grapefruits as a separate page (I just have soooo many favourite recipes for oranges and lemons that they wouldn't all fit in this post).

There is no related story to this post as there was nothing amusing about the harvesting of the fruit - I just went and picked it and nothing strange or unusual happened (which in itself is a bit odd as there is usually something weird happening in our lives)!  The lemons I got from one of the craft ladies and the oranges came from one of our three orange trees and the grapefruits from our grapefruit tree.

Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment